Wednesday, October 21, 2009

October 21, 2009 Links and Plugs

Arrived home at midnight and still lots of work to do!

As an ice-breaker, here's something discovered on Twitter--The Publisher-Dating Dictionary:
You say: 'I know you don't usually accept unsolicited manuscripts, but please, just have a look at this.'
Dating equivalent: 'I know you're married, but please, just go out with me once.'
And as interesting as November 18th is International Science Fiction Reshelving Day sounds, be aware that you're inconveniencing the bookstore staff (and in some cases, publishers). That's honestly the equivalent of bookstore terrorism.

And I want to highlight Anil Menon on Simpson’s Paradox In The Slush Pile. Related: Vandana Singh on Racism in SF: Two Articles.

Interviews

Advice/Articles
News
Sad it's now one anthology instead of two, but still: I want I want I want.

No comments: