Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Best of Philippine Speculative Fiction 2005 - 2008

Before the end of the year (2008), I'm planning to publish online a "Best of Philippine Speculative Fiction" that will feature stories written in English by Filipino authors that were printed between January 2005 - March 2008. The editors of the project will be Mia Tijam and myself and we will be selecting twelve stories.

In line with this, I've been compiling a list of speculative fiction stories that qualify for consideration. You can see what I've managed to come up so far here. However, the list is far from complete and I would like to ask other people to recommend stories or publications that I might have missed. The qualifications are 1) the story must have a speculative fiction element (and my initial list above does include non-speculative fiction stories but I'll whittle them down as we go through the selection process), and 2) printed or reprinted in either a local or online publication between January 2005 - March 2008. In the event that the said publication is inaccessible (i.e. out of print), hopefully you can send me a soft copy of the story in addition to its publication details. You can email me any recommendations at charlesatan[at]gmail[dot]com.

I will only be accepting recommendations from April 1, 2008 until May 31, 2008. Anything submitted beyond that date will not be considered. You can look forward to the online publication during the 4th quarter of 2008.

No comments: