Thursday, August 09, 2007

8-Bit Transformers



IGN has this list of Toughest Games to Beat and I faintly remember finishing some of them. Battletoads wasn't that hard... and then I remember the race levels where having a 2nd player was actually a disadvantage. Oh, now I remember why it was so tough to beat... #1 goes to Contra and while it was difficult without cheats, I could get past the 1st-level as I virtually memorized the stage as a kid.

But for me, the most difficult game was Transformers: Convoy no Nazo (Optimus Prime's Mystery). What it has to do with Optimus Prime, I have no idea as you play Ultra Magnus (or Rodimus Prime) in the game. Anyway, the video above makes it look easy, but I remember playing it back then and I tried playing it again now. Forget about getting past the 1st stage, I couldn't get past the first two screens! (With lots of practice and lots of sprinting, I managed to get to the 2nd stage. But at this point, I'd take Contra any day.) Trust me, it's harder than it looks. You should go try it if you don't believe me.

No comments: