Sunday, January 28, 2007

To Whom It May Concern

Dear ______,

It’s been a busy week. Yesterday alone was handful as it is.

The day began with me waking up early so that I can head to the office and manage the props and papers that were needed for that day’s photo shoot. Essential items for the day were the two cans full of disgusting insects—a plastic container full of worms (the vendor called them “super worms”) that constantly tried to climb out of its transparent prison and a can of Pik-Nik that was filled with at least a dozen live cockroaches (I had to warn off my co-employees the day before never to open it no matter how hungry they felt) that often made eerie scuttling sounds.

And then there was the photo shoot proper in a hidden location in Shaw Blvd. As expected, everyone was late and it took me an hour and a few phone calls to get the ball rolling, all the while juggling another of my duties as an editorial assistant for an upcoming shoot in the upcoming week. When nearly everyone arrived, I had to run back and forth, buying necessary props and water for the crew.

Sometime while all of this was taking place, an accident occurred not far from us. A huge garbage truck crashed into a home, tearing down an entire wall and leaving the residents open to the public and the polluted air. The garbage truck similarly collided with a jeepney from behind, not only blocking the entire street but trapping the truck driver as his legs were nearly squished into his dashboard. Thankfully, passersby were able to succesfully extract the driver an hour later. The remaining collateral damage when I left was the house itself wherein the residents continued their business as usual, even when neighbors peered into the house through the now non-existent wall.

The pictorial itself was a huge mess. Cockroaches, worms, spaghetti, and blood were all over the place. It was over by late afternoon, and I had to scurry over to a friend’s birthday party in Ortigas. It was a fun evening despite the fact that a few of us in the party was plagued by a cold (myself included).

I managed to get home shortly befre midnight, wanderlust striking me after the party and I ventured into parts unknown and dealt with lousy customer service.

Unfortunately my story does not end here, nor will the pressure from work lighten up in the next few days: a magazine to cram, shoots to manage, and the never-ending battle for my health. Oh and as always, political intrigue in the blogosphere.

Love,

Charles

No comments: